Girl Gang Music is a curated community and network of women + GNC folk within the music industry. We are musicians, songwriters, music professionals, writers, photographers, consumers, producers, etc. that promote tunes, trade tips + stories, and aim to uplift female artists.
Our mission is to promote female inclusion in all aspects of the industry, to celebrate women who are already thriving in music, and, ultimately, to develop a pipeline for girls and young women to confidently get involved in music through mentorship and community.
Girl Gang Music was founded in October 2016 by Jen Miller, an activist and singer/songwriter based in Washington, D.C. Girl Gang Music was first dreamed up as a free resource and virtual shoulder to lean for all women and GNC folk in the music industry. Read about Jen’s inspiration for founding #GGM here.
- To raise visibility of women who are making an impact in the music industry (artists/bands, producers, songwriters, industry professionals, photographers, etc.)
- To lend valuable free resources + networking opportunities to women/GNC people within the music industry
- To increase the number of women with active roles in the music industry across all its verticals
- To break down gender stereotypes within the music industry through discussion and by creating a comfortable place to share
- To raise awareness of the gender gap and to ensure that women are aware that support is available to them throughout their career
- To create a pipeline of women within the industry who can support young women as they enter the industry